In the midst of this whole situation with the taking out of Osama Bin Laden, this news piece strikes me as... surprisingly unsurprising.
It took 16 hours, including going to bed and sleeping, for Obama to make the decision to kill the most wanted man in the world. It's mind-boggling.
H/T to Ace of Spades
How do you respond to people who are griping about how, "We're celebrating killing somebody and that's wrong :(." In some respects, I agree that celebrating the death of a person is somewhat wrong, but at the same time I cannot help but feel happy at Osama's death, given the fact that he was behind 9-11 and killed so many innocent people. To me, his death indicates a turning of the war in Iraq, a morale boost for the troops, a promise of men and women returning home to their families, folks' spirits resting in peace, etc. Seeing as this man's death represents that to me, I am happy that he is dead. Should I feel guilty for this? What should I tell the people who jump down my throat about it?
ReplyDelete